http://i.imgur.com/adE9k64.jpg

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Part Two... Repurposing Thrifty Finds....

Hello Everyone!
It's been awhile.
I've been so busy,
trying to keep up with 
my Painting.
Here are some of my latest
Thrifty finds, re-purposed.


These are two old shovels...
that I got from my Sister.
The handles are broken off.
So I painted a Snowman
 on the shovel part
 and added some greens.


This is a Piece of Barn Board,
also from my Sister.
I painted a Snowman on it,
Cut a Burlap Bag  apart
and made a Pocket
then stapled it to the bottom
and added some greens.




These two screens are Huge.
5 ft. tall
These were also from my Sister.
I painted Snowmen on these also.


My 2 oldest sons
came to me with a pile of
jeans that no longer fit,
where full of holes
and worse for wear.
I couldn't throw them out.
After looking them over,
I decided to cut the back
pockets out of them.
I painted a snowman on them,
added some greens to the
inside and a piece of wire for 
hanging.


And this pair of Bibs
I had in my stash.
I was gonna use them
for a Scarecrow, but never did.
So after studying them...
I decided to paint them.


I Painted a Snowman
on one leg...
Let it Snow
on the other leg...


And another Snowman 
to the pocket on top.
Some greens and a candy cane
added to the pockets
and hung from an old
wooden Hanger.


This is an old pan with
a handle. 
Also a Thrift Store find.
I painted a Snowman face
on the bottom,
added a some fabric,
tag and a rusty bell.


So this is what I've been up to.
When I'm not at work.
I still need to do a Post
on a few items that I have won
and get my overdue Giveaway
together.
Hopefully next week, sometime.
Have a wonderful
Weekend Everyone!!

22 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

You did a wonderful job! You got me inspired to take some time and get back to some painting.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Tam said...

also inspired me, but I cant paint as good as yours, Thanks for the ideas, everyone loves snowmwnen

Old Time Cindy said...

Very sweet. Especially like the snowmen on denim!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Sandi these are WONDERFUL!!! LOVE your snowmen and the Jeans pockets are genius!! You have been a BUSY lady!!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Wow these are all so wonderful!!!

Xo

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Sandi, WOW!!!! YOU ARE SO CRAFTY, LOVE ALL THE PAINTING ON THE TREASURES.....WONDERFUL......BLESSINGS Francine.

Mabel Jane's said...

What great transformations! Especially like the shovels...Blessings...Pam

Trace4J said...

Awesome!!
Wooohooo and this is why I bug you for all the painting tips.
You are so talented.
Love the snowmen.
Woolie Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such talent and so creative!!!
Happy Thanksgiving.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Sheila said...

Goodness woman, someone better not stand still next to you or you'll paint a snowman on them! ;-) I love it all......very creative and unique surfaces. Glad you've had time to do what you enjoy.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Beckyjean said...

You've been busy,busy,busy!! Love all your snowmen!

Enjoy your evening~Becky

frontporchprims said...

Boy, you have been so busy. What beautiufl art that comes from your hands:) I reallyl favor the kettle. Good job. -Steph-

Tolentreasures said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! There will be pockets galore heading your way! Hang On and get those paint brushes moving!

Cathy

jennifer768 said...

Love it all!Sure is making me want to pick up my paint brush.Hugs,Jen

Raymond Homestead said...

You do a great job of repurposing! Love your painted snowmen!

Danice G said...

Yes, what a wonderful job you did on all of the re-purposing. Don't you just love dong that? What fun it is :)

peggy said...

I love your ideas, so admire your painting, your snow people are right on for this November weather120

Nandis said...

These are great! I have an old shovel whose handle broke off and would like to paint something on it. What kind of paint did you use?

Anita Gambrell said...

These are Very beautiful snowmen! I love the ideas, thanks!

Anonymous said...

What do u prime ur cans, etc with prior to painting? I have a ton of 45s... What do u do to those.

ed treatment tablets said...

Hey there, You've done an excellent job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from this site.

Anonymous said...

This was 10 years ago & I'm just seeing it & getting inspired!!! I hope u r still painting! Love all your ideas!! Thank u!!!